Denham Springs City Court Ward Two is the final stop for many criminal and civil cases. Court is held on Monday and Wednesday of each week except for official holidays. Additional days may be scheduled by the court as needed. The Court jurisdiction and appeals are as follows:
• Civil jurisdiction concurrent with district courts in matters involving not more than $15,000.00.
• Criminal jurisdiction is limited to offenses committed within the territorial jurisdiction of the Court in cases which are not punishable by imprisonment at hard labor.
• Jurisdiction concurrent with district court in juvenile cases.
• No jury trials.
• Judges elected to six-year terms by voters in respective wards.
• Appeals taken to district court in cases charged under City Ordinance, where the fine is not more than $500.00 or the sentence is less than 6 months.
• All other appeals taken to court of appeals.
400 Mayor Herbert Hoover Ave
Denham Springs, LA 70726
Contact Form: click here
Official Web Site: www.dsclerkofcourt.org
To pay fines online: click here
City of Denham Springs Marshal's Office
Jerry L. Denton, Marshal
398 Mayor Herbert Hoover Ave
Fax 225 664-2648
Web Site: click here